Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 21, 2011

17 weeks,!!!!!!!! 4months!!!!!

So Friday was the babies 16 week old anniversary and today they are 4 months old. 4 months. I have 4 month old twins. Life is crazy. And totally wonderful. They are getting too yummy for words, smiling and laughing and talking. They freaking love me. I never knew it was possible to be so loved. It's wonderfully intoxicating. They track my every move and refuse to take naps if I'm anywhere in sight. They just want to hang out and play. Their second favorite person is now definitely daddy. They give him big grins and just talk at him. And they have finally starting interacting with each other more socially. (They have always been very physically oriented to each other, needing to be touching if they are close enough.) But this week they started getting so jealous of each other getting mommy time. And on Wednesday we had them sitting up looking at each other and they actually started to babble back and forth and laugh at each other :-) They are more interested in toys now. They totally love their little chain link things, and this little light up musical radio piano thing. They like to chew on things and grab toys. The best is when they put toys in their mouths. They now hate the car. Especially at stop lights. Driving with them screaming at the top of their lungs is pretty maddening. They tried water for the first time today. Not all that thrilled, but they didn't hate it either. Seemed to help their tummies. I also bought some sippee cup trainers for them. The kind that you can put a bottle nipple on, but has handles and can transition to the more spout like nipple things. I think I'll just let them play with them for a few weeks to get them interested before we  start trying to practice actually drinking from them. And I finally bought the rest of the materials for my beach buggy. It is going to be a lot like a deluxe radio flyer wagon, only with all terrain tires and a way sturdier canopy that detaches to become a beach shade. And the canopy will be water proof. I'm happy with how it's turning out so far. Can't wait to get my babies to the beach. I have a feeling we will be spending a lot of time there this summer :-) I've got to get them used to going out more, they have been HORRIBLE the last three times we've driven anywhere. They try to stay awake to see everything and then get overtired, plus there's the whole hating the car issue. If it's even possible their sleep has gotten better at night. They go to bed around ten. Today I made DJ wake them up at 9:30 am. Hoping we skip that whole "4 month wakeful period" thing. Although, I think I might have it. At night after everyone goes to bed I stay up for hours, and admittedly it is a struggle for me not to go and wake them up to play with them or just hold them. I LOVE spending time with them and there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day. I'm sure it will be even worse when I go back to work. Which I am doing, in only a few weeks. Miss my big boys, but I think I'll miss my sweet little boys even more. Only three mornings per week though, so hopefully the separation won't be too bad. Still plenty of time to enjoy the summer with them. It's almost 3, which means it getting close to this mommy's bed time. So I'll close with my goodnight words to the boys (admittedly from SKIPPYJOHN Jones- one of the cutest books ever) "I'll wrap you, and roll you and bundle you tight, and check you for cooties and kiss you goodnight" :-) Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela, Sorry I haven't commented in a while. I finally got my Reader all caught up and discovered that as I was moving things around your blog (and others) got messed up so I wasn't getting your updates. Also, I have the hardest time commenting on blogs with the comment box embedded in the post. It's some sort of Firefox-Blogger issue. I have to clear the cookies in Firefox and then log in using Internet Explorer instead. And even then it doesn't always work. Like this comment... ignore the wordpress part. It's the only way I could get to work. If you would consider changing to pop-up window comments, then it would make my life easier and I'd comment more. ;-) Thanks.

I can't believe your boys are already 4-months old. I loved from 4-6 months with my twins. Such a fun age. They are adorable! I'm a bit jealous they're such good sleepers and amazed you already have them on a working schedule. Way to go! And how in the world do you have time to get all of those crafts and projects done?!? Your etsy store looks great.