Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Food!

So since we've started food things have been interesting around here.

So far they have tried
Homemade
avocados
bananas
Store bought 
rice cereal
bananas

And also store bought bananas with cereal and homemade bananas with cereal.

Xander was into avocados. The both seem to really enjoy my homemade bananas, both alone and with cereal. They did not like the store bought bananas with or without cereal.

I have made and frozen the following puress
plums
figs
blueberries
avocados
bananas
apples
turkey

I still need to make and freeze
zuchini
squash
butternut squash
more apples
pears
apricots
chicken
more avocados
sweet potatoes

I also made
fresh blueberry juice
and prune juice.

I think we are going to be stocked up on things for a while! I changed my commenting format. Hope it makes it easier? If not I will change things back.

5 comments:

~Sabine~ said...

wow!! how do you find the time? so impressed! we have also just started weaning...have done butternut, sweet potato, carrots, pear and apple so far. pear and butternut seem to be the biggest hit.

on another note...i have to have an owl onesy!!! will you ship to the uk or is that not possible?
she loves owls and its just so beautiful!!
I'd love the watermelon giggles one too, with her name on it! and one for my niece too!!
xx

Samantha said...

not sure if you've seen it but I LOVE wholesomebabyfood.com! Great recipes and such. I cannot wait until Truitt is ready for food!

Angela said...

Sabine, I'd be happy to ships something for you, give me a few days to add UK to my shipping settings. Thanks Samantha, I'll have to check that out.

~Sabine~ said...

Thanks Angela! So excited! Your stuff is beautiful! xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for changing your commenting form. It makes things so much easier for me.

I love wholesomebabyfood.com, nurturebaby.com, weelicious.com and annabelkarmel.com for recipes. We have Annabel Karmel's First Meals book and it has a ton of helpful hints and recipes. She's from the UK so some conversion is necessary but it's great to refer to for ideas. Our boys are stuck in a rut so I need to go through these sites again and find some new ideas for them to try.