Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

9-10 week update

You are almost 10 weeks old, but it has been a while since I've had time to post. A lot has changed in the past almost 2 weeks. You are now formula fed. Mommy had to start some new medicine that is not safe for you two to have, but it was a very important medicine to take. So, as hard as it was to let go, I stopped pumping. You two don't really seem to care. If anything you are spitting up less. At night you get a bottle of breastmilk that I have saved. We probably have 3-4 more nights left.

Still doing cloth diapering. I ordered a few more bumgenius 4.0's and they are still my favorites. I'm still happy with the choice to cloth diaper.Your little butts are awfully cute in the cloth diapers.

Sleep has gotten much better. Knock on wood. You are actually sleeping through the night. You go to bed by 11, and usually wake up between 5:30 and 8. At night when I put you down you usually go to sleep within 20 minutes.

You both really enjoy play time still, especially when you are naked :-). You pay much more attention to your toys and often coo and grin at mommy or Grandma Susie or Grandma Rose or Aunt Allyson. You like to pee all over the place and kick each other. Alexander, if I hold you up you walk to me. Who ever heard of an 8 week old walking?! Max you are very strong and can hold all of your weight on your legs.

You both enjoy going for walks. Walks and your swings almost always make you fall asleep. Today when we went for a walk mommy fell and hurt her ankle. Guess it might be a little while before our next walk.

You had your two month appointment and got a few shots. It broke mommy's heart to see you in pain.  Alexander, you were 21 inches long and weighed 8lbs8oz. You were in the 5th percentile for height and weight. Max you were 21 inches long and weighed 9lbs5oz. You were in the 5th percentile for height and 10th for weight. After your shots you were awfully fussy for a few days, but you seem to finally be getting back to your normal happy selves. I love and adore you so very much my precious boys.

The videos below are of Alexander throwing a fit and the boys in their bumbos.

3 comments:

Liz said...

So glad that life is starting to fall into a routine and life is becoming a little less hectic. Your boys are absolutely precious and I love the little vids. How great they are doing holding their heads up. Such tiny little things still and it's even more prevalent to me since Zo is 18 lbs now.

Keep updating us. I love it.

Anonymous said...

HI twin-friend. :) Congrats on your beautiful boys, they are so very cute!!! This post gives me inspiration that someday we will not be feeding a baby every hour of the day!!! We are still trying to get our little ones back up ti their birth weights....so are feeding them every 2 hours (and of course they don't eat simultaneously). It is wonderful but exhausting.

I will be following along on your journey, All my best to you and your precious boyz!!! xoxo

LisaL said...

They are SO adorable!
Hope your ankle feels better so you can start going on walks again :D