Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

We love carrots!

The boys just tried carrots and they were the biggest hit yet. Two carrot cubes, or the equivalent to two jars of baby food, and most of it was in their mouths not on their bibs. I think they might like the color orange :-) Pumpkin and butternut squash also look the same, I wonder if they'll like them too. Me and DJ both LOVE pumpkin, so I bet they will too. This house gets a little pumpkin crazy around August until Christmas. Pumpkin cake, pumpkin coffee, pumpkin candles, pumpkin candy. Just listing those things make me ready for fall. I missed the entire holiday season last year. I went into the hospital right after Halloween and was bedridden until Jan 21st when the boys came, and then missed Valentines and Easter doing the whole newborn thing. I hope we'll do something fun for fourth of July. I want to make everyday special for the boys, but I really want to be one of those moms who makes every holiday extra fun. I can't wait to celebrate everything with them and make our own family traditions.

But for now, it's summer, and I intend to soak up enough summer fun to last us until next year. We went to the beach a second time on Monday. We were all sandy and exhausted when we got home, but it was fun. Max isn't too fond of the water. Alexander can't get enough of it. I have a feeling next year I will be pulled in two different directions, with Xander saying "Lets swim, lets swim!" and Max yelling "NOOOOOOO" at the top of his lungs. At least this year we can just snuggle on the beach blanket under the shade and enjoys the sights, sounds and smells of the beach. There is no better smell in the world than baby head, covered in sunscreen and smelling like beach. Mmmmmmm.

DJ bought a little kiddy pool for the back porch. We haven't had a chance to get in yet, but I know when we do the boys will have a blast. They love bath time, so a pool with mommy outside will be the bee's knees to them. I bought them some baby floats for the big pool. Hopefully we'll make it to one soon. My mom and sister are supposed to take us swimming soon.

Hard to believe it, but Aunt Allyson is turning 13 on Friday! She is one of the boys very favorite people in the whole world. last year I threw her a slumber party at my house. The next day I remember crying my eyes out that I were never get pregnant, a week later I found out I was pregnant with you sweet boys! What a different year this turned out to be. Maybe Aunt Allyson will throw you a party when you turn 13!

As it stands, we need to make some cupcakes for her. You two enjoy sitting in your highchairs and helping mommy cook, so lets get to it little boys!

No comments: